Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Drumscene Live Australia 2007

Yoyo wassup!? Today, I'll post some pictures I took on July 26th during the Drum Performance. It was held at the Octagon Theater in UWA. Drummers who performed that night were Tony Royster Jr., Sonny Emory, and Marco Minnemann. I will show you the poster which got 3 of their sigantures there.
The Poster with their signatures!
Marco Minnemann Signature on my Modern Drummer Magazine Cover!!
Their Drumset on stage, left is Tony's, middle is Sonny's and right is Marco's
Tony Royster Jr. signing poster!
The Experience was totally great that night. Their playing were like monster, whacking the drum so hard and with so much energy. All 3 of them were extremely energetic and also funny. Tony Royster Jr. showed his fast, accurate, and precise fills around the drums. Sonny were good in creating nice groove and solo ideas. His stick control were crazy. Last but not least, Marco's drumming opened up my mind because of his different approach towards the drumset. His diversity in different drumming amazed me a lot. Switching from rock to funk to jazz to fusin and to metal? not normal metal but DEATH metal, totally crazy. The crowd asked him to perform the death metal song when he asked us which one do we prefer. I am motivated to improve my drumming after watching how great they performed. That's all for today! Cheerssss and God Bless!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

woots wish steve vai would be here to motivate me XD

Anna said...

walau... nothing to say XD..

Anonymous said...

Good words.